· BRAND ADVERTISING: The most popular form of advertising is a national consumer advertising that is also known as brand advertising and focus on long term brand identity and image.
· RETAIL OR LOCAL ADVERTISING: It is local in nature and focuses on the store where a variety of products can be purchased or services are offered. It create distinctive image for the store but emphasize on price, availability, location and hours of operation.
· POLITICAL ADVERTISING: It is form of advertising used by politicians to persuade people to vote for them.
• DIRECTORY ADVERTISING: The reference type of advertising is known, where information is derived from directory type listing, Yellow pages is one of the examples of this type of advertising.
• DIRECT RESPONSE ADVERTISING: It involves any medium for advertising including, direct mails but main purpose here is to generate direct sales instead of brand awareness.
• BUSINESS To BUSINESS ADVERTISING: The messages directed towards retailers, wholesalers, and distributors and journals between professionals are to known as an example of business to business advertising.
• INSTITUTIONAL ADVERTISING: Institutional advertising which is known as corporate advertising is been directed towards creating towards corporate identity.
• PUBLIC SERVICE ADVERTISING: This advertising focus on messages for social welfare and massive message delivery.
• INTERACTIVE ADVERTISING: This form of advertising is for the people who remain is contact of mobile phones, computer and internet.